I was born and raised in the south where spring ushered in green grass, flowers, and warm weather. Then, I moved to the north, where my preconceived notions of what each season represented was challenged. Vermont spring is a season of contradictions:
- warm temperatures-frigid temperatures
- delightful blue sky-gray snowy sky
- beautiful daffodils-sad droopy daffodils
- green fields-white fields
- open greenhouse-close greenhouse
This week is full of contradictions.
So in this last week of April-I hope that our April snow showers will indeed bring May flowers, and that I can put my wool sweaters away, and let the sheep out on pasture very soon. That is not too much to ask for …. is it?